I have been shooting Fuji cameras for quite sometime now (not really that long, a little over a year as my first fuji was the x100s) and when i read about the XT1 i just felt this is the system i was looking for, maybe because of its lightweight? maybe because of the superb quality? actually both and more!
after few weeks shooting the new mirror less from fuji, I must admit that it is a camera that delivers stunning image quality that is equal or better than the x100s and you get attached to it quickly for its simplicity and lightweight, knowing that no camera is perfect I still didn't like few things about it:
1. mediocre battery life, better than x100s but still not great but I get that it is part of keeping the camera as compact and light as possible they can't squeeze in bigger and heavier battery
2. battery indicator is still not accurate and I wonder why this is not yet fixed since it was reported since the #x100 days
3. battery grip holds 1 battery only so each time you need to charge both batteries you have to remove the grip completely to access the other battery underneath
4. SD card door is flimsy and keeps opening up by itself
5. PC terminal cap falls off easily, I lost mine already!
6. ISO 100 and greater than 6400 can't be recorded to RAW and camera switches directly to JPEG
7. exposure bracket is limited to a max of 1 stop
8. when you select any of the 7 custom settings (C1 to C7) and you exit the menu, the camera jumps back to Base setting
9. auto ISO can only be limited to the range of 200 to 6400
10. 1/4000 is the fastest shutter speed
11. no built in ND filter like the x100s
12. 4 way control buttons at the back is flimsy and hard to press specially when looking through the EVF
This place is merely a random collection of thoughts, events or ideas related to my journey in the photography world, I would also do a series of photoblogs where I showcase the before (original) image and the (after editing) version which I hope you find interesting :)
Join the Facebook Community